Have you girls started memorizing your “pearls of wisdom” scripture for this year?
“If any of you lacks wisdom, let her ask. God who gives generously without reproach and it will be given her. The prices of wisdom is above pearls.” James 1:5 & James 28:18
We will focus on wisdom this next Wednesday night. We are going to explore what wisdom is, where we can get and how we should use it. Be sure to wear your pearls.
In the meantime, here’s a snack that goes with this year’s “pearl” theme. You can actually change it up for just about any holiday or party with different colored chocolate and sprinkles. Here’s the recipe.
- 1 (10 oz.) bag pretzel rods
- 1 (24 oz.) package white chocolate bark coating or 1 (1 lb.) bag white candy melts (you'll only use about 10 or 12 oz.)
- 1 to 2 T. shortening
- White "pearl" sprinkles
- In a tall skinny container (such as a pottery cup or perhaps even a small glass vase), melt bark coating or candy melts and shortening together in the microwave per package directions (typically in 30 second intervals, stirring in between).
- Dip each pretzel rod in the candy coating, letting excess coating drip off back into the container. Sprinkle with sprinkles, as desired.
- Place on waxed paper and let stand for coating to set up.
- Pour the leftover white chocolate coating into a plastic storage container and save it for another recipe later. All you have to do is heat it back up in the microwave, omitting the shortening (since it’s already in there).