Wednesday, May 20 is our end-of-the-year party. I’m looking for some help to provide party food. Here are the items I need and the recipe/links. Please send me an email or leave a comment if you would like to commit. You do not bring to the full quantity (just note, “I’ll bring 2 recipes” or “40 of that one”). Remember, you will get 15 points towards shopping if you bring food.
Melty Ham & Cheese Sliders
Many of you have asked for this recipe….it’s what we served at the VESSELS baptism celebration a few weeks ago.
Need: 4 recipes prepared, warmed and brought to the party in disposable foil pans.
- 2 24-packs King's Hawaiian Rolls (You can get these at Costco)
- 1 pound shaved Virginia ham
- 24 slices Swiss cheese
- 2/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1½ sticks butter
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried onions
- Melt butter and mix in mustard, sauce and onion.
- Cut the entire pack of rolls in half, horizontally (keeping all top and bottom halves separately in tact).
- Spread mayo on the rolls.
- In a 9x13 inch pan, place bottom half of rolls and cover with ham and cheese.
- Cover ham and cheese stacks with top half of rolls.
- Drizzle or brush butter mixture over top of rolls, making sure onion is evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate over night.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes and, once finished, separate with knife before serving.
100 chocolate-covered strawberries. Click HERE for easy directions.
100 30 clear, plastic cups filled with watermelon chunks. I already have forks.
- Watermelon, chilled, cut into large chunks
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- (So basically a 1:1 ratio of honey and lime, you can make more or less)
- Handful of fresh mint, chopped
- Mix honey and lime together in a small cup or bowl. Arrange your watermelon on a tray or bowl. Sprinkle mint on top. Drizzle on top of the watermelon. Whoa-la.
Need: 5 of the large bags from Costco (bring in the bags)
Veggies on a Stick
No recipe here. Just follow the picture and layer 1. cucumber slice, 2. cheese (mozzarella balls or squares of cheese), 3. grape/cherry tomato, then an 4. olive. Need:
Strawberry Mousse Dessert Cups:
100 30-40 strawberry mousse dessert cups in clear cups.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Crushed graham crackers (put them in a zip lock and crush with a rolling pin)
- In a food processor, combine strawberries and sugar; cover and process until smooth. Strain and discard seeds. Return strawberry mixture to the food processor. Add pudding mix; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl; fold in whipped topping. Spoon into dessert dishes on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Before serving, use strawberry slices for garnish.
- You can also top with a dollop of whipped cream.