If I could describe summer using one fruit, it would be watermelon. Watermelon is–by far–my very favorite summer fruit. Eating chilled, juicy chunks on the back patio after a barbecue supper is my perfect ending to a summer day. This recipe is a new take on serving up watermelon.
P.S. To learn how to properly cut a watermelon check out this tutorial.
- Watermelon, chilled, cut into large chunks
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- (So basically a 1:1 ratio of honey and lime, you can make more or less)
- Handful of fresh mint, chopped
- Mix honey and lime together in a small cup or bowl. Arrange your watermelon on a tray or bowl. Sprinkle mint on top. Drizzle on top of the watermelon. Whoa-la.
- To make it extra pretty, I sometimes add edible flower petals--blue bachelor buttons.