Why is Easter such a big deal? Here’s why:
For many–and likely most of us–Easter involves one day, perhaps one weekend if you are traveling and dying eggs on Saturday night. Yet, Easter is the foundation of our Christian faith.
Consider: We take a whole month to celebrate Christmas. Advent calendar, anyone? It involves gifts, decorations, books, movies, songs, activities, parties. You name it, and at Christmas time, we do it.
What about Easter? We get the Easter bunny, egg hunts, chocolate (a very key factor), church on Sunday morning, family dinner after.
Now, don’t get me wrong. I love Christmas. I am all about God sending Baby Jesus down and giving us such a precious gift. But if Jesus just came and lived and that was it, our faith would be empty–really nothing. What sets Jesus apart is that he not only came, but that he lived a sinless life, died a horrible and shameful death on the cross for our sins (not his own)… Then, rose again on the third day–not only conquering our sin, but death itself.
[pullquote align=”full” cite=”1 Corinthians 15:14″ link=”” color=”#e27982″ class=”” size=”16″]“If Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain.“[/pullquote]
Can I get an “AMEN!”
Without Easter—without the resurrection of Christ—there would be no Christian faith. Christ’s resurrection is the proof of his divinity.
So come, on girls, let’s make a BIG deal about Easter. I know many of you have this next week off of school so you might have some extra time to cook, bake, read, craft, etc. I’ll be posting ideas all week but in the meanwhile, here are things you can do to make Easter a little more special this year.
- Listen to some Christ-centered music. Check out the VESSELS YouTube station for a great Easter playlist.
- Make some Easter crafts, including unique ways to decorate eggs. Tons of ideas on the Easter Pinterest board.
- Prepare some amazing Easter recipes. Check out our Easter Pinterest board.
- Take your family to see the Easter drama at Faith Bible Chapel. His Story: Our Story is completely free. Showtimes:
Wednesday, March 23 // 7:00 PM
Thursday, March 24 // 7:00 PM
Friday, March 25 // 5:30 & 8:00 PM
Saturday, March 26 // 2:00 & 5:00 PM
- Go to church! Faith Bible Chapel Easter service times: Sunday, March 27 // 9:00 & 11:00AM