Check out this quick and easy craft, using silk flowers and pens. It would fun to make these in autumn colors or even with Christmas poinsettias. Purchase one of those flower bunches at Hobby Lobby and make several to share with friends or even as gifts.
- Ink pen with removable lid and cap on the end of it
- Green florist tape (found in the florist department of craft stores)
- Single silk flower (pluck it off the stem, leaving the short stub at the bottom of the bloom)
- Hot glue gun
1. Remove cap at the top and the bottom of the pen.
2. Squeeze a small amount of hot glue into the end of the pen.
3. Insert the short stub at the bottom of the flower into the glue inside the pen. Hold until hardens.
4. Tear off a piece of green florist tape. This tape is slightly stretchy and as it stretches, it becomes kind of sticky.
5. Starting at the base of the flower, tightly wrap the tape around the pen. Carefully stretch the tape a bit as you wind it around the pen.
6. Get writing with your fabulous flower pen.